Separately from the Yoga Classes we do different kind of Cleansing Techniques once a week.
Very simple and very effective the body is releived from toxins in the system. Read the explanations below.
We start early morning at 7am.
You will receive your personal neti pod for the nose and a tongue cleaner.
7.00h - 11.00h
Shanka" means conch and "prakshalana" means cleaning out. The ancient yogis compared the digestive system as being like a conch, a long spiraled passageway through which food traveled. To clean out the whole digestive system from mouth to anus, they discovered a wonderfully clever but simple method.
It is the most advanced and popular technique that cleans out the entire Gastro Intestinal tract. It involves drinking one and a half liters of lukewarm salt water and then doing specific Yoga Asanas. This increases the speed of perestaltic movements and opens gently the valves of the digestive tract one by one so the water can flow freely through the system. Squeezing out the toxic rests that tend to get trapped in the intestines and flushing all the mucus, bile and faeces out of the body.
• encourages normal functioning of the intestines
• helps digestive disorders
• constipation is removed
• mental tensions are released
• flushes out the kidneys
• increases the good intestinal flora
You will receive a special personal neti pot needed for the peocedure.
Jala Neti, or nasal cleansing using warm salty water that is poured into one nostril and automatically comes out through the other. This is a very ancient technique which has been passed on for thousands of years by the Yogis for both physical as well as deeper spiritual benefits. Now is possibly a time of the greatest need for such a practice by modern people. With the ever increasing incidence of respiratory illnesses such as asthma, allergies, hayfever, sinusitis, colds, influenzas, etc, as well as the rapid degeneration of spiritual consciousness in some sections of society, the practice of Jala Neti could serve as a panacea for helping to improve the lives of many people. Neti is a practice which is very beneficial to the cleanliness of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, as well as the thinking processes.
Benefits of Neti:
• removes all the dirt and bacteria filled mucus from within the nose
• helps to drain the sinus cavities. This, in turn, will help to reprogram the body's natural mechanisms against nasal infections such as hayfever, allergies, sinusitis and other upper respiratory complaints like sore throats and coughs,
• beneficial for asthma and bronchitis as it reduces the tendency for mouth breathing by freeing the nostrils of mucus
• cooling and soothing effect on the brain by drawing out excessive heat, and is therefore beneficial for headaches, migraine, epilepsy, temper tantrums, hysteria, depression and general mental tension
• Neti is of great benefit for problems associated with the eyes. It helps flush the tear ducts, encouraging better vision and gives a sparkle to the eyes.
• improves sensitivity of the olfactory nerves, helping to restore lost sense of smell, and thereby benefits the relationship with taste and digestive processes
• It has subtle effects on the pineal and pituitary glands which control the hormonal system. This has a harmonizing effect on emotional behaviours.
• affects the psychic centre known as Ajna Chakra which helps in awakening higher states of meditation
• helps stimulating better powers of visualisation and concentration and gives a feeling of lightness and clarity to the mind
Can be done as seperat cleansing.
Costs: € 20,- (including the neti pot and a tongue cleaner)
Kunjal Kriya is an other shatkarma (cleansing) technique that involves the cleansing of the stomach by drinking water and then expelling it by inducing vomiting.
It is an easy method washing up of the entire track starting from the mouth to the digestive path at the beginning of the small intestines, that is mouth, esophagus.
• execess mucus in stomach and lungs is removed
• tones the abdominal organs
• brings down acidity
• releases suppressed emotions and blockages
• very good for asthmatics
• beneficial in cases of phlegm and bile disorders
• it increases the digestive fire